K2's Bret Whitman skating on the new K2 Long Mount 100mm boot, frame and Hyper Mach2 wheels won the second edition of this race. Jono Gorman took second place with Aaron Warr in third.
Bret was led out by World Team member, and K2 teammate Chris Crevleing who both went to the front with 1500 meters to go.
K2 went on many early breaks that were chased by Jono Gorman, Randy Bowman and Peter Ducet and Aaron Warr. Peter was to later get out on a long solo flyer and was reported to be super strong this day, as were the other skater's mentioned.
The womens race was won by Jill Rookard who got away from the pack. K2's Daniella Martinez took third place overall to Erin DiJulio (1st Junior) skating on the K2 Three Hundred Frame (3 100mm 1 84mm). This was her first time out on them and she had great success. This is a skater who went from 84mm back to 80mm indoors and outdoors, but has been testing the 100's
and is finding she is faster on them. I would say she weighs about 101 pounds.
Indoor Nationals K2
The K2 team had great results indoors winning many medals and setting numerous records. The senior 4 man from Frenchtown repeated its gold medal from a year ago with K2 skaters Darren Kaufman, Chris Creveling, Scotty Bliss along with Frenchtowns Ben Carey. They lowered the national record by 3 seconds.
The senior 2 man was handily won by Chris and Darren. K2's Scotty Bliss won senior man overall tittle with Darren taking 2nd overall in Junior, due to an unfortunate DQ in his long race.
Chris took 4th overall in pro men along with a new record in the long points race.
K2's only girl took 4th overall in the sophomore ladies division along with 1st junior in the marathon.
All total the 5 K2 skaters came home with 16 podium placements. Congratulations to all the other teams and skaters that had great results and effort!
For Overall Race Results, visit www.milliseconds.com.
WORLD CLASS FEMALE MARATHON
1. Jilleanne Rookard, Carleton, Minn.-1:09:07.46
2. Erin DiJulio, Wakefield, R.I.-1:20:23.52
3. Micki Ream, Seattle, Wash.-1:33:47.56
WORLD CLASS MALE MARATHON
1. Bret Whitman, Miami, Fla.-1:09:05.97
2. Jono Gorman, Roswell, Ga.-1:09:06.16
3. Aaron Warr, Harrisonburg, Va.-1:09:06.66
JUNIOR WORLD CLASS FEMALE MARATHON
1. Daniela Martinez, Miami, Fla.-1:20:23.54
2. Sheena Freeman, Marysville, Ohio-1:20:24.57
3. Annie Peck, Pennsburg, Pa.-1:20:24.62
JUNIOR WORLD CLASS MALE MARATHON
1. Juan Flores, Marysville, Pa.-1:19:43.87
2. Greg Gorman, Roswell, Ga.-1:19:44.01
3. Dante Tuscai, West Chester, Pa.-1:19:45.98
MASTERS FEMALE MARATHON
1. Leslie Rea, Santa Rosa, Calif.-1:29:47.13
2. Cath Ream, Seattle, Wash.-1:55:57.68
MASTERS MALE MARATHON
1. Patrick Naylor, Boulder, Colo.-1:09:11.26
2. Kevin Klein, Lincoln, Neb.-1:20:22.38
3. Glen Crittenden, Citrus Heights, Calif.-1:32:58.35
FEMALE 12 & UNDER MARATHON
1. Kaela Chappell, Wakefield, R.I.-1:30:53.90
2. Tara Wedlund, Seattle, Wash.-1:56:34.56
FEMALE 13-18 MARATHON
1. Rachael DiJulio, Wakefield, R.I.-1:20:25.64
MALE 12 & UNDER MARATHON
1. Eric Emanuel, Belleview, Fla.-1:19:45.99
MALE 13-18 MARATHON
1. James Springer, Glendale, Ariz.-1:20:27.61
2. Christopher Springer, Glendale, Ariz.-1:32:56.42
MALE 19-24 MARATHON
1. Sean Phillips, Tacoma, Wash.-1:40:25.54
MALE 45-49 MARATHON
1. Joe Rejsek, Tacoma, Wash.-1:44:36.24
MALE 50-54 MARATHON
1. Eric Elder, Orange City, Ia.-1:46:52.93
MALE 55-59 MARATHON
1. Jim Walsh, Dacula, Ga.-1:41:13.64
2. Roy Ames, Daly City, Calif.-1:51:04.19
MALE 60-64 MARATHON
1. Jim White, Waukesha, Wis.-1:35:00.79
FEMALE 12 & UNDER HALF-MARATHON
1. Bridget Nulty, Grand Rapids, Mich.-0:44:11.85
FEMALE 13-18 HALF-MARATHON
1. Danita Dunlap, Seattle, Wash.-0:45:24.14
FEMALE 19-24 HALF-MARATHON
1. Jennifer Miller, Seattle, Wash.-0:54:10.69
FEMALE 30-34 HALF-MARATHON
1. Shelby Thieszen, Aurora, Neb.-0:59:22.18
MALE 12 & UNDER HALF-MARATHON
1. Andrew Shatzer, Greencastle, Pa.-0:43:25.63
2. Donald Saltmarsh, Ponte Verda Beach, Fla.-0:44:11.69
3. Heroki Asher, Evans, Colo.-1:28:51.14
MALE 13-18 HALF-MARATHON
1. Hank Galbraith, Greensboro, N.C.-0:39:44.64
2. Patrick Picard, Wakefield, R.I.-0:42:27.62
3. Carlin Utterback, Lincoln, Neb.-0:45:07.00
MALE 30-34 HALF-MARATHON
1. Charlie Boeyink, Castle Rock, Colo.-0:48:19.10
MALE 35-39 HALF-MARATHON
1. Scott Gomber, Kunkletown, Pa.-0:42:27.86
MALE 40-44 HALF-MARATHON
1. Lonnie Reimer, Des Moines, Ia.-1:16:19.27
MALE 60-64 HALF-MARATHON
1. Mark Carrico, Longmont, Colo.-0:55:32.86
©Empire Speed and www.RaceReports.net